Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Masculine card series



I'm still on my masculine card kick. I've had several masculine-themed supplies out on my desk for a few weeks, and every time I sit down to make a card, I just use these same items. Easy way to build up a nice stash! And let me tell ya, this is the first time I've actually had a stash of masculine cards! Usually I have to make them as I need them.


My key to masculine cards - clean, graphic, and little-to-no embellishments. PUT DOWN THE RIBBON, ladies!!! I know it's hard, but I promise they'll look better. :)


My masculine color scheme is brown, blue, green, and white. I threw in some nice textures as well. I kept it clean and graphic by using a large stamped sentiment as the focal point - no stamped images. I LOVE this look.


I also LOVE Mat Stack 1, in case you couldn't tell. :) It is seriously my most-used die by far.


~Supplies~
Stamps: Big Birthday Wishes, Mat Stack 1 Collection (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Soft Suede (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Rustic White (PTI); Not Quite Navy, Soft Suede, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Kraft, Yoyo Yellow, Rockabilly DSP (SU)
Accessories: Mat Stack 1 and Double Ended Banner dies (PTI); Large Star punch (SU); Woodgrain Impression plate (PTI); Square Lattice embossing folder (SU); brown baker's twine (Martha Stewart); dimensionals (SU)

No comments: