Thursday, April 14, 2011

Look out, Pottery Barn Kids!


My older daughter just graduated to a "grown up" bed! We took her to Pottery Barn Kids, where she picked out a light pink bedspread with butterflies on it. It also included light green to match the color of her walls, as well as some light blue, yellow, and a darker pink.


There wasn't any wall art that totally matched the bedspread she picked. There were a few butterfly pieces, but they were really expensive, plus they didn't really match anyway. I thought, "Surely I can make something to match, with all the butterfly crafty stuff I own!"


Sure enough, I was able to come up with some butterfly wall art to match her PBK bedspread, and I am totally thrilled with the result. I bought the white frames at Michael's on sale for about $7.50 each, and that was the only expense! Much better than $49 each like at PBK, huh? :)


Here are close ups of two of them. Each one is just a teeny bit different!



~Supplies~
Signature Series: Butterfly die from Papertrey Ink
Cardstock and Bitty Dots patterned paper from Papertrey Ink - Spring Rain, Lemon Tart, Hibiscus Burst
Cardstock from Stampin' Up! - Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Spring Fling DSP

No comments: