Friday, April 8, 2011

Bring on Spring!



One of my goals this year is to get one of my cards published in a magazine. This card was my first submission. But alas, it didn't get picked up. Maybe next time!!! :)

Daffodils are my favorite flower. We always had a bunch in our yard growing up, and I loved that they were one of the first flowers to peek out of the ground after the winter. So sunny and pretty!

But, I really don't like coloring in large images on cards. I'm not that good at it, and I don't have all the tools. So, I went for paper piecing on this one. It turned out fun, no? I also added an oh-so-trendy cake doily. I love how springy it looks!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Year of Flowers: Daffodil, and Birthday Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Spring Moss, Lemon Tart, Dark Chocolate, and Happy Spots Patterned Paper (PTI)
Ink: Black Onyx (Versamark); Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Corner rounder punch (EK Success); Doily (Wilton)

No comments: