Thursday, April 7, 2011

Birthday Tags - Boy


I've been concentrating lately on two things - gift tags and masculine/boy items. This fits both! These tags are just two of a whole series I made for birthday boy gifts. They are all made with similar stamps and color scheme. It makes it easy to make a whole bunch, since the supplies are already out and you're already in the groove. And you know my theory about using gift tags for kid presents - they don't even look at the card, so why bother? Plus, a tag is easier to attach to a bag and won't get lost in the gift pile like a card could. Sometimes I even have my daughter color in the image on the tag for her friends, which is cute.


As promised, here is the other reason I bought the "Eat Chocolate" stamp set. See that green outline frame that fits so beautifully in the white punched label? Well, I took the chocolate stamp that included this great border and CUT it! Yep, I cut my rubber stamp! I cut out the chocolate sentiment/image that I didn't really like, and was left with this pretty border for my punched labels. Love it!!!



~Supplies~
Stamps: Eat Chocolate (Stampin' Up!); Tiny Treats: Birthday (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Whisper White, Yoyo Yellow, Kraft (SU); Simply Chartreuse (PTI)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine); Old Olive (SU)
Markers: Old Olive, Real Red, Baja Breeze, Yoyo Yellow (SU); T1 (Copic)
Accessories: Tag Sale #1 and #3 dies (PTI); Star Punch (SU); Decorative Label Punch (SU)

No comments: