Saturday, April 19, 2014

Baby Wall Art to Match Pottery Barns Kids Madras

I have a new nephew!  We got to visit him this weekend.  SO precious!

I made some wall art for Jacob's nursery.  My sister-in-law said the room would have a "nautical" theme, and picked out the following "Madras" bedding from Pottery Barn Kids:

(image from Pottery Barn Kids)

She also said the furniture would be dark wood.  So, here is what I came up with:


 I love the banner trend right now.  Plus, I thought it was kinda "nautical" while not being overtly so.


My favorite thing is that I was able to imitate the plaid quilt using similar ink colors and my Distressed Stripes stamp set.  


I used a floating frame and popped the banners up on dimensionals to give it some good depth.  


My sister-in-law loved it, and I hope Jacob does too.  :)  Welcome, little one!!!  Thanks for giving me my baby fix.  ;)

~Supplies~
Stamps:  Distressed Stripes (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Real Red, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, and Bashful Blue (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Stamper's Select White (PTI); Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories:  Banner punch, Timeless Type Alphabet Junior Sizzlets, Dimensionals (SU); Bakers Twine (Martha Stewart)

No comments: