Monday, January 17, 2011

Baby Girl Shower Invite


My wonderful sister-in-law is having a baby, and I got to make the baby shower invitations! I kept the design simple, since I was making 23 of them! Also I wanted it to be flat for mailing. Even so, the final version ended up with 5 layers of cardstock, which is more than usual for me!

The banner is a $1 stamp from Michael's and is paper-pieced in pink and yellow. The rest of the text was printed using the ultra-cool Fonts for Peas on Whisper White - I find that paper thin enough to go through my printer easily, yet nice enough for stamping!

And sorry for those ugly brown strips - I had to redact the personal information!!! (Oh my, I used the word "redact" - can you tell I am a paralegal?!?!?)

~Supplies~
Stamps: $1 stamp from Michael's
Ink: Black Onyx (Versafine)
Paper: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Barely Banana, Soft Suede (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Swiss Dot embossing folder (Sizzix); Scallop trim border punch (SU); Fonts for Peas

No comments: