Sunday, August 29, 2010

Meg's Baby Shower Decorations

Here are some of the decorations I made for Meg's baby shower last weekend. The theme was "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", and the colors were Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and So Saffron.

I made a diaper cake using this tutorial. So fun and easy! It is topped with a monkey, because Meg and her husband love monkeys, and that is the theme of the nursery.



Here's some close ups:


Here are some sandwich toppers - I made 30 of these suckers:

(homemade chicken salad, yum!)

The favors that everyone went home with - star cookie cutters with a stamped tag. (I made 30 of these suckers, too!)


I know this isn't stamped, but it is my favorite decoration that I did, so I wanted to show it anyway. We strung a rope across the doorway and hung baby clothes with clothespins. I loved it!!! Meg got to keep all the clothes for her baby.


~Supplies~

Diaper Cake
Stamps: Star Prints (PTI)
Ink: So Saffron (SU)
Paper: Flock Together, Junior Varsity, Spring Fling, Summer Picnic, and Certainly Celery patterns DSPs; So Saffron; Whisper White (SU)
Accessories: buttons (PTI and Basic Grey); Star Punch (SU); Star Sizzix die (SU); glue dots; Terrificly Tacky Tape

Sandwich toppers
Stamps: Star Prints, Mixed Messages (PTI)
Ink: So Saffron (SU); gray ink (Studio G)
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue (SU)
Accessories: Star, Scallop circle, 1 3/8 circle, and 1 1/4 circle punches (SU); Terrifically Tacky Tape

Favor Tags
Stamps: Star Prints (PTI); Framed Greetings (My Favorite Things)
Ink: So Saffron, Bashful Blue (SU)
Paper: Whisper White (SU)
Accessories: Framed Greetings die (MFT); rustic twine (PTI); 1/8 hole punch (SU)

1 comment:

Cheap Party shop said...

This is really an awesome article. Thank you for sharing this. It is worth reading for everyone.baby shower favours 1st birthday party baby shower decorations baby shower balloons