Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Valentine's fix-it

Forget Christmas - it's on to Valentine's Day! I need to make my Valentines ahead of time this year, since Baby #2 is due the first week of February!

I had an idea in my head and knew what supplies I wanted to use, and this is what I came up with:


Something's missing, isn't it? It just doesn't look....finished. I thought about it, and thought about it, and then BOOM! I knew what it needed. :) It looks so much better now, with only that little ribbon addition, doesn't it?!


Hint - the buttons are sewn onto the card. It makes them stay in place much flatter than when using glue dots!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Heart Prints (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White (SU); Spring Moss, Raspberry Fizz Bitty Dot Basics (PTI)
Accessories: Vintage Buttons (PTI); linen thread (SU); Pinking Hearts border punch (SU); Large Heart Punch (EK Success); Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon (SU); chipboard letters (Target); dimensionals (SU)

No comments: