Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, Matt


My dear husband is turning the Big 3-0! His birthday isn't til next week, but we're celebrating tomorrow night with a family cookout and cupcakes (which I just baked this afternoon - yum!) Here's his birthday card....I tried very hard to make it "manly", which I know so many stampers struggle with! My tricks for masculine cards - use lots of brown, and don't use ribbon (I know, I know, it's so hard not to use ribbon! But trust me - the fastest way to girlie up your card is to use ribbon!) I opted for vintage brads to add some dimension instead.

By the way, isn't this the neatest stamp set?!?! You can customize your cake so the candles say whatever number you want! I thought it was just perfect, and HAD to order it as soon as I saw it! Perfect for kids and milestone birthdays. And I love the scallops - on a girlie card, I would use the border scallop punch to match! But like I said - the less frills, the better, on masculine cards. :)

~Supplies~
Stamps: Birthday Numbers (My Cute Stamps); Humorous Birthday (Inkadinkadoo)
Ink: black (Versamark); Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel, So Saffron (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Kraft; Chocolate Chip, To the Nines Specialty DSP (SU); Vintage Cream (PTI)
Other: Vintage brads (SU)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stacy - this card is great! My husband is also turning 30 soon (on the 13th) and I think I might have to CASE you. :)